Baptism is the first Sacrament of Initiation in the Catholic Church, the foundation of our life in Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. Baptism bestows God’s grace on a person, frees the recipient from Original and Personal Sin, and makes the person a member of the Body of Christ, the Church.
Parents who wish to have their infant baptized
- If you are a member of Epiphany Parish, you must meet with a deacon, and must attend one Baptism class (typically on the first Tuesday of the month) prior to setting a date for the Sacrament of Baptism.
- If you are not a member of Epiphany Cathedral Parish, permission from your home parish’s pastor must be sent in writing to Fr. Jack Costello, our rector, before scheduling attendance at class or scheduling a date for reception of the Sacrament of Baptism.
- Provide a copy of the Birth Certificate.
- Fill out the Baptismal Registration Form,
- Must be one man and one woman, at least 16 year of age.
- At least one sponsor is to be a practicing Catholic, and have received all three Sacraments of Initiation, Baptism, Holy Communion, and Confirmation.
- The second person may be a Christian Witness (baptized Christian of another denomination).
- Fill out the Sponsor Form
Date of Baptism
Infant baptisms are typically celebrated at 12:30 on Sunday. On occasion, and with permission, the Sacrament of Baptism may also be celebrated on the third Sunday of the month, during the 9:00 am Mass, also with the permission of a priest or deacon at least one month in advance.
Call the Parish Office at (941) 484-3505 to make an appointment to speak with a deacon, attend class and to set a date for the Baptism.